Gonzalo Gómez Bengoechea is a professor of Economics at Comillas – ICADE Univestity, in Madrid. During his stay at the Center for Interamerican Policy and Research he will be working on fiscal incidence and inequality. His previous research has been focused on the Eurozone crisis and on the evolution of sovereign bond markets. Prof. Gómez Bengoechea is also the coordinator of the Latin American Research Centre at Comillas University and a Marshall Memorial Fellow.
- B.A. Universidad Pontificia Comillas – ICADE, Business. 2006.
- B.A. Universidad Pontifica Comillas – ICADE, Market research methods, 2007.
- MSc. Barcelona GSE, Pompeu Fabra, Economics. 2010.
- PhD. Universidad Pontificia Comillas – ICADE, Business Economics. 2014.
- Fiscal union, monetary policy normalization and populism in the Eurozone. Forthcoming at European Review 28.1, 2020.
- The importance of being earnest: Macroeconomic determinants of sovereign bond yield spreads in the Eurozone. Journal of Financial Economic Policy, found here. https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/JFEP-02-2018-0026
- The Macroeconomic Imbalance Procedure: A useful tool for predicting sovereign crises? Estudios de Economía, 45(1), 79-111.
- Populism, inflation and debt mutualisation in the Eurozone. Elcano Royal Institute. ARI 45/2018 – 5/4/2018
- The institutional crisis of the Eurozone: Birth, evolution and policy reaction. Revista ICADE. Number 96, December 2015.
- The euro crisis: genesis, contagion and future scenarios. with Arahuetes. A. Comillas Journal of International Relations. Number 4, 2015, pages 1-40.
- Black economy in Spain: Theoretical approaches and structural evolution. ESADE, ISSN 0425-3698, NÂº. 146, 2014, pages 4-17.